|Save More Than Daylight: When You Spring Forward on Sunday March 10, 2019, Keep Your Family Safe From Fire|
|By Sykesville Fire Department|
|March 8, 2019|
Since 1966, most states have been changing the clocks twice a year in order to save an hour of daylight. Love it or hate it, daylight saving time is coming up again.
When you spring forward on Sunday, March 10, 2019, the Sykesville Freedom District Fire Department wants you to think about an important way to move fire safety forward when you move the hands on your clock:
- Check and make sure all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are functioning properly.
- Change batteries in all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Replace all smoke detectors that are more than 10 years old.
- Never be tempted to remove the batteries from your smoke detector because you need them for some other device.
- All bedrooms shall have smoke detectors. We encourage all residents to install smoke detectors in all bedrooms. If you don't currently have smoke